Updated: Jun 8
Hope everyone is doing ok, thought it a good time for an update.
Our Latest update – what’s it all about?
It’s about updating you, our extended wine crew, on our dream of a fully functioning FUN wine business.
Although, in all transparency, it’s also about you, putting some money in our bank account, in exchange for some wine and good times contained conveniently in a glass bottle.
We love bullet points – about as much as wine, so here’s the summary
· Vintage 2021 – we’ve had to work closer, and drink more beer than ever, with our awesome growers, it took its sweet time but we got there.
· Sparkling, wine that is, not our demeanours, made in the traditional champagne method, now ageing gracefully in oak barrels.
· Chardonnay from the Mornington Peninsula has gone to sleep for the Winter and again looks fantastic, as it did last year.
· Pinot Noir, the fickle one which never fails to make us smile, has fermented and been pressed and is now also snoozing, with a way to go, but looking nice this year.
· Shiraz Rosè, as we hear a collective roar, is a special one this year, made from a patch of vines in Dromana, hand-picked, basket pressed and fermenting in French Oak barrels, we can’t wait for the sun to shine again and pour you a glass or 4!
· Finally, a straight Shiraz from the same vineyard in Dromana as the Rosè, electric in colour, it will stain your lips and melt your heart.
Opinions wanted - A special event and reach for help
· Over the coming months (bloody lockdown pending) we’re going to pull together a couple of afternoons of learning, tasting and general chat about how we can improve, and we’d love you to come along.
· We need your help to grow, so if you’d like to sha
re your views, opinions, purchasing preferences and anything else about the world of wine, alcohol, cheese and all goodness, let us know.
· More details to follow, but please let us know if you’re interested.
IMPORTANT - The Accountant said to tell you what you can buy right now
Because we make so little wine, we are always changing what we have ready for you to take home, here’s what’s around right now…..
Couple of bottles of each left
· 2014 Yarra Valley Chardonnay – bit special, this one sold out in the first email we ever sent, in fact 2 of you bought almost the lot, you know who you are! We found a dozen hidden in a cupboard just the other day, $35 each but a limit of only 1 bottle per order, sorry.
· 2016 Yarra Valley Pinot Noir - $25
· 2017 Yarra Valley Pinot Noir – the one with the coolest label ever $25
· 2017 Yarra Valley Chardonnay – the last of our wine from the Yarra Valley, this one is a lighter Chard, and goes well with everything! Bloody cool label we just did a giant poster of. $28
· 2018 Mornington Peninsula Pinot Noir – our fave at the moment, $25 a bottle, grab some before the local IGA and wine bars take it all.
· 2020 Shiraz Rosè – still a crowd pleaser, only 300 bottles produced, knock your socks off, $38 a bottle makes a great vase when you’ve drunk it all!
Please grab some wine before June 30, otherwise it will make for a rather difficult discussion with the bean counters.
As always, we can’t thank you enough for being part of our crew and helping us a little further along the way.
Ash and Andy, oh and Lola too! (Mr Velvet Ears’ sister and forklift pilot)